Windows 10 is a part of personal computer operating system. It is the successor to windows 8.1 version. Developed by Microsoft for retail business Windows 10 is a popular among users and comes with additional features to enhance its reliability. One can easily get Windows 10 or update to Windows 10 by visiting office.com/setup. Windows 10 is faster than its previous versions. While updating windows 10 the user sometimes faces the error code 0x80070422. It usually happens if the service is not running properly. It may also happen due to an attack from a potential virus.
Resolve Error 0x80070422 On Window 10
The error code 0x80070422 is solve by different methods.
Method-1: Try Running Windows 10 Troubleshooter Update
Several users have confirmed that by running Windows 10 troubleshooter update the issue of error code 0x80070422 gets resolved.
- Click on the Start icon.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Select windows update
- Click on the troubleshooter to run it
Chances are error 0x80070422 will get resolved. However if the problem still persists the user can try second method given below.
Method-2: Try Restarting Network List service
By restarting network list service the issue of error code 0x80070422 often gets resolved.
- Click on the start icon.
- Type run in the given space.
- Click twice on the first option to launch the run program.
- Type services. msc in the given space
- Now launch Windows services
- Right click on the Network list service
- Restart your computer.
Most probably the issue will get resolve by now. Try to update once the windows get on after restart is complete. If the issue is yet not resolved then try the next method.
Method-3: Try To Disable IPv6
There have been various claims that the issue of error code 0x80070422 gets resolved on disabling IPv6 from their computer.
- Go to Start
- Click on the Control Panel
- Find Network and Sharing Center
- Right click on Connection
- Select Properties
- From the list of items select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to uncheck it.
- Save the changes by clicking on OK icon.
- Now, Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolve.
Trying any of the above method frees the Windows 10 from error 0x80070422. However if the problem still persists then connect with the customer support of www.office.com/setup.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for Ms-Office products at office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.